There's no secret when it comes to losing weight:you need to move! You may not realise it, but even at home, you can do lots of exercises that will help you burn calories faster. Need a hand? We've got some tips for you.
1. Cardio Exercises to Do at Home
Doing cardio is almost unavoidable if you want to lose weight. Although it's easier to do outside (cycling, swimming, running, etc.), it's entirely possible to work out at home with exercises to get your heart rate going. Here are some examples:
- Skipping rope : boxers are big fans of skipping, which helps you burn off calories really fast. As well as being fun, skipping also builds muscle on the buttocks and sculpts the thighs. It would be a shame not to try it.
- Elliptical trainer or exercise bike: although you'll need to make an investment for this one, buying an elliptical trainer or exercise bike will be worth it if you use it regularly.
- Step : it's amazing what you can achieve with a simple step!
- HIIT : if you're short on time but you still want to burn fat and build muscle, HIIT is for you!This method combines intense effort with short recovery breaks:30 seconds of work and 15 seconds of rest, for example.
2. Body Weight Exercises
That's right! With just the weight of your body and no additional equipment, it's entirely possible to exercise and burn fat. There are various very effective methods (Fizzup, Lafay method, etc.), all essentially based on the same exercises. Examples:
- Burpess: THE fat burning exercise! Very popular in crossfit programmes, these use your whole body, by combining squats, push-ups and jumping.In just a few seconds, you'll be completely worn out, trust us. As well as working your muscles, burpees are great cardio exercise. The perfect all-in-one!
- Push-Ups: this exercise needs no introduction. Get some variety by positioning your hands differently, or make it easier by putting your knees down.
- Sit-Ups: again, you'll be familiar with this one. Like with push-ups, you can vary the exercises to target different parts of your abdominals.
- Squats: the ideal exercise to work your thighs. Don't hesitate to vary the timing of your rise and descent, to make things harder.