If you've been straying from your diet and having difficulties eliminating the extra weight, to help you achieve your objective, here is a programme of 4 exercises for losing fat and gaining muscle tone.
Repeat each of these 4 exercises for 30 seconds, at a steady pace. The recovery time between exercises is 30 seconds. The set lasts 4 minutes in total. To start, complete 3 sets with a rest period of 2 minutes between each set. Gradually increase this to 8 sets for a session time of about 45 minutes, which you can repeat 3 times a week.
Enjoy your workout!
Exercise 1: Crunch or Sit-Up on The Floor
- Targeted muscles: the rectus abdominis.
- Exercise: lie down on the floor with your legs bent (move your feet as close as possible to the glutes) and feet hip-width apart. Put your hands near your forehead (do not place them behind the head). Roll the chest forward while tucking in the chin. Contract the abs and keep the lower back in contact with the floor at all times. Return to the initial position smoothly.
- Breathing: breathe in at the start of the movement, breathe out as you roll up your torso.
- Safety instructions: do not let your lower back lift up during the contraction.
- Repetitions: 40 repetitions.
Exercise 2: Squats with Dumbbells
- Targeted muscles: quads, glutes.
- Exercise: stand up with the feet more than shoulder-width apart and pointing slightly outwards. Place the arms along the body with a dumbbell in each hand (3 to 10 kg max load). Bend your legs while pushing the buttocks backwards with your eyes fixed on a point in front of you and the back leaning slightly forwards. Contract the abs and glutes and push on the legs to return to the starting position.
- Breathing: breathe in deeply as you grab the suitcase and breathe out as you lift it.
- Safety instructions: look far in front of you. Do not arch your back and keep your shoulders low throughout the exercise.
- Repetitions: 40 repetitions.
Exercise 3: Jumping Jacks
- Targeted muscles: the thigh muscles.
- Exercise: stand upright with the feet together and arms alongside the body. Jump with the legs spread apart and arms straight above the head. Then return to the starting position and repeat the movement.
- Breathing: breathe in at the starting position and breathe out as you spread your legs.
- Safety instructions: look far in front of you. Remember to tense your core muscles throughout the exercise.
- Repetitions: repeat the same movement at a steady
Exercise 4: Mountain Climbers
- Targeted muscles: abs.
- Exercise: get into the plank position. The hands should be aligned with the shoulders and beneath them and the arms straight. Bring your right leg forward and knee to the chest with the toes on the ground. Return to starting position and repeat the same movement with the left leg. Move from one leg to the other with this forward movement as if climbing a mountain.
- Breathing: breathe in when in the starting position and breathe out as you pull your leg towards your chest.
- Safety instructions: do not arch your back in the plank position. Keep your core muscles taught for proper alignment.
- Repetitions: repeat the same movement at a steady pace for 30