Tired of all the pain, sweating, starvation and rigorous training for burning off your calories and reducing your weight. Let’s forget about starving and switch to an active, calm and effective method, how about yoga for weight loss? Sounds interesting. It is fascinating to know that weight losing yoga with the blend of active and calmness, soothes your mind and your dream to be the fit and firm you.
Does yoga help you lose weight and tone your body?
There have been several health advantages connected with yoga since it first achieved public appeal, including enhanced flexibility and reduced stress. But does yoga for weight loss work?
The Harvard Medical School recognises that yoga's general advantages extend beyond the mat. Yoga for weight loss indirectly promotes a mindful eating style. According to research, people who practised yoga once a week for at least 30 minutes over four years gained less weight during middle adulthood. On the other hand, those who were overweight were able to reduce weight.
Another Harvard research looked at how many calories yoga may burn in adults of various weights. According to the study, 30 minutes of Hatha yoga burnt 120 calories for someone weighing 125 pounds, 144 calories for someone weighing 155 pounds, and 168 calories for someone weighing 185 pounds.
While yoga poses for weight loss may not be most effective, research suggests that yoga practitioners are more likely to be motivated to exercise, tune with their bodies, and be mindful of hunger cues. This indicates that fat reduction might occur over time as a result of greater muscular tone and attention.
How yoga helps in weight loss?
Weight losing yoga is a graceful exercise and reducing weight needs rigorous energy to burn the fact. Both are paradoxical but do rhyme once dug deep down. As it doesn’t burn more calories, it is forever a question of how to promote yoga for weight loss. Practising yoga is beneficial both for your mind and body. It creates the best version of you that you have always dreamed of. The weight loss asanas might be sedentary but does magic in your body.
- Your senses are always on
Yoga is the art of taming your mind and controlling your conscious senses to be active all day long. Practising yoga makes you more conscious to the whispers of your body. As you become more conscious you become more aware of the food you intake, the calories, the diet you follow etc. along with exercises it is also important to keep a track of your calorie intake and food habits, for proper weight loss. Thus weight losing yoga contributes a major part to your endeavour of weight loss.
- Sleep- not too much not too less
Sleep is always associated with weight loss. The lack and excess of sleep affect your body with drastic changes. Oversleeping adds puffiness and increases your weight, and less sleep strains you in and out adding the pounds. In yoga, you practice yoga Nidra which could suffice for the lack of your sleep. Practising yoga every day, helps you acquire sufficient sleep, not too less or not too more.
- Calm and active
Yoga is known for its calming ability. But there exist active and powerful weight loss yoga asanas which help to burn belly fat. The continuous moves, postures and flexibility, burn out intense calories adding to your journey.
- Mindful eating, fit and firm you
Yoga is the best method for stress management and anxiety controls. It reduces the stress hormones and promote the happy hormones, leaving us happy and healthy. This stress management reduces the stress eating habit. We eat a lot while we are stressed up or tired. Mostly opting for sugary and junk foods. This increases your pounds to doubles. By practicing yoga poses for weight loss, you calm yourself and control your habits of stress eating, reducing your calories in doubles.
10 Easy and Best Yoga poses for weight loss
Yoga might be tender, but now you know how it helps in burning our calories. It’s important to look at some of the cardinal yoga poses for weight loss to begin a perfect journey of being fit and healthy.
This weight loss asana is a whole-body exercise, which tears up your core and enhances muscle strength. It strengthens the muscles and promotes metabolism. This burns down more calories and promotes weight loss.
- Sit straight with extended legs on the yoga mat - Now bent the knees. - Lift your feet up off the floor as though your shin is parallel to the floor - Extend your hands parallel to the floor - Hold the pose for around 30 seconds - Now release and repeat it 5 times
This is a hard nut to crack for a beginner but benefits a lot in weight loss. Wish for rock hard abs, then dive into a upward plank pose. It is one among the best yoga poses for weight loss.
- Sit with your legs stretched and straight. - Keep your hands behind your hips, fingers pointing towards the feet. - Prepare to rise up slowly, with your feet straight and pointed - Try pulling your head back while raising it.
This might feel a bit hard at first, it is the exact opposite of our push up position. But practice do make a man perfect and fit
Just like a warrior torn yourself up with the warrior pose. The Warrior position is a yoga asana for weight loss that makes you tone your thighs and shoulders, as well as boost your focus. If you tense your abdominal muscles while holding the posture, it will assist in toning your tummy and giving you a flat belly. The longer you hold this weight loss asana, the better results you get.
- Stand straight with your feet together - Stretch your legs apart back and forth - Now bent the knees of your front leg and keep the other one parallel to the floor. - Raise your hands over head. - Hold the pose as much as you can (never stress yourself too much that might end in pain) - Now switch the side and repeat it as though.
The ultimate Triangle pose is a highly beneficial yoga pose for several health issues. Though it does not directly contribute to your weight loss, it enhances digestion and thus reduces the fat deposits in the belly. Thus, Trikonasana is one of the most effective weight loss yoga asanas to reduce belly fat. It also includes muscles reducing your born fat. This asana's lateral motion helps you burn more fat around your waist while also strengthening your thighs and hamstrings. Although this posture does not cause your muscles to tremble as much as others, it does provide you with the same benefits as other asanas. It also aids in the development of balance and attention.
- Stand straight with your hands overhead - Now widen your legs sideways. - Stretch yourself down with your hand touching the same feet. Just like a triangle - Your upper hand should be straight facing the ceiling along with your eyes. - Hold up the pose for around 5-6 seconds - Now return back and repeat on the other side.
Also called Suryanamaskara, the popular yoga for weight loss pose to reduce belly fat. There are around 12 poses that tone all over the body. This single yoga pose involves various other poses too. The step by step method to do a fresh and refreshing Suryanamaskara is listed below. The usefulness of Surya Namaskar as a yoga exercise for weight loss has been proven genuine, despite the fact that weight loss is slow. Surya Namaskar burns roughly 13.90 calories, according to Femina India. So, over time, 12 sets of Surya Namaskar will help you burn roughly 416 calories.
- Stand straight on your legs - Inhale deeply and lift your arms overhead - Bent forward and exhale out - Now jump your feet back to the plank pose. - Hold it for around 5 full breaths. - Next, drop the knees down, and place your lower body on the floor - Extend your legs keeping your hands under the shoulders - Now inhale halfway to turn into the cobra pose. - Switch to a downward dog facing pose by exhaling. - Hold it for 5 breathes - While exhaling, jump up to your feet on top of the floor and bend. - Inhale and lift up your arms overhead. - Exhale and relax.
That’s quite a few steps. But as a beginner try and practice it one by one and as a pro burn it out by rigorous practice.
The cobra pose
Also known as Bhujangasana, it is almost akin to a snake’s pose. It is good to reduce the fat of your upper body and abdominal muscles. Not recommended for pregnant women. This weight losing yoga not only helps to burn calories but also improves digestion and blood circulation. The best part is that to do this easy yoga for weight loss you don't have to be very strong or flexible.
- Lie facing down the mat, with feet flat on the floor and palms down to either side. - Press the floor with both hands and make sure that your fingers are just below the shoulder muscles. - Pull your shoulders slowly, slightly backwards - Give focus on your abs and bend back more with the belly button towards the spine. - Keeping your hands, hips and feet firmly onto the floor, lift up your upper torso, keeping your chin upwards - Hold it for 4-5 full breaths. - Push yourself higher with each exhale.
Downward facing dog pose
If you make adho mukha svanasana, or downward dog posture, your best friend and reap the advantages of this easy yoga for weight loss, flabby arms will be a thing of the past. This is an effective weight loss yoga to enhance posture and burn calories. Adho Mukha Svanasana is another yoga asana for weight loss that tones the entire body, focusing on specific muscle groups. It supports arm, thigh, hamstring, and back strength. Holding this position while focusing on your breathing engages and tones your muscles while improving your concentration and blood circulation.
- Lie on the floor with your stomach on the mat - Slowly lift your body with the limps and make a pose just like a small mountain - Hold it for sometimes and feel the strain in your belly. - Return back and continue doing it.
The chair pose, as the name sounds, is to make a posture as though you are sitting in a chair.If you want slim legs, curvy hips, and a flat tummy, incorporate this basic weight loss asana, Utkatasana or Chair Pose, into your fitness routine.
- First, stand straight with your legs together and arms straight up above your head. - Bet both the knees simultaneously. Not too much, but you should see your feet while looking down in the posture. - Hold the pose for 30 seconds. - Now relax and repeat. The chair pose gives strain to your thighs and muscles, reducing the extra fat absorbed.
Seated forward bend pose
Paschimottanasana is an excellent yoga exercise for weight loss that not only burns belly fat but also improves your overall health. This intense pose provides deep stretches for your entire back from heels to the neck. It also ensures stress management, thereby controlling your stress eateries and contributing to weight loss.
- Sit with your legs straight on the mat. - Bring your arms straight out to each sides, then slowly over head. - Inhale and draw up your spine straight - As you exhale, bend forward and try touching your feet with your hands. - On each inhale lengthen your spine and each exhale deepen to your forward bend. You become a pro, once you hold your feet completely bending forward.
The gas releasing pose
One among the effective weight losing yoga pose to reduce belly fat. It releases the state of being blotted due to trapped gas and boosts digestion.
- Lie straight with your back on the floor, with stretched legs. - Now fold one of your leg at the knee - Slightly bent the knee and try touching it to your chest - Lock the knees with your arms around it - Now try touching your nose to the knees lifting your neck forward. - Hold it for few seconds and repeat it with the other side - Now do it with both the legs simultaneously. You do look like a fetus in mother’s belly clinching to yourself.
These are super 10 effective Yoga poses for you to adhere on to reduce your body fat and enhance weight loss. You might not witness a one-day change in your weight, because it is not the strenuous exercise that you used to do, tiring yourself, starving up. But along with promoting weight loss, it also transfers you as an entirely different human being, uplifting your life to a state of spiritual, mental and physical enhancement. Let’s begin a soothing endeavour of a healthy, fit and firm life, making yoga a daily habit.
Yoga, an Indian style of mind-body rejuvenation, offers several advantages for everyone, from obese persons who wish to lose weight to others who simply want to relax. It's an age-old remedy for a toned and healthy body, as well as a stress-free mind. Weight losing yoga not only helps you burn belly fat but also improves your physical and emotional health.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can you lose weight by doing yoga?
Yes, various challenging asanas can assist you in losing weight. Plank, Warrior, and Downward Dog are some of the most effective poses.
2. Which yoga is best for losing weight?
When done daily for 7 days with correct alignment, focused breathing, Pranayama, Surya Namaskars, and different Asanas may help observe the difference in mind and body.
3. How often should I do yoga to lose weight?
You may lose weight by doing 20 minutes of yoga every day. Include a calorie deficit diet in your everyday routine for the greatest outcomes.
4. Can 30 minutes of yoga help you lose weight?
Yes, a 30-minute yoga session is excellent for strengthening and invigorating both your body and mind. It can also aid in weight loss.
Have you heard of Vajrasana? It is a simple pose in yoga, and you may be able to do it right now to improve your health and wellness. The Benefits Of Vajrasana in Yoga practice. Let’s look at the Benefits Of Vajrasana most of all.
There are various health benefits of tadasana or mountain pose asana in yoga which gives both mental and physical relaxation and other benefits
As it is practiced in between all other standing poses, it allows the mind and body to integrate the benefits of the previous asana whilst preparing for the next one.
If we talk about the Bhujangasana benefits, it strengthens your wrist, forearms, shoulders, lower back, and the muscles surrounding the spine. Almost every age group can perform Bhujangasana due to its beginner-level category. You can keep your mind and body in balance by practicing Bhujanagasna regularly.