Bodybuilding: Give Your Abs A Turbo Boost
- To increase the size of your abs, you must train regularly. To achieve this, it is important to strengthen the entire abdominal area and not focus on one particular muscle, or you may stagnate.
- To reduce your levels of fat, a cutting diet is necessary.This is an unbeatable solution for getting ripped. It consists of eating a healthier, more balanced diet and also trying out a complementary physical activity like cardio training, which is ideal for burning fat.
- To sculpt your abs, there is an effective method. There are two key factors in making the much-coveted six-pack visible: big abs and a low level of fat
1. Six Pack Abs- The 2 Key Factors Of Success
To ensure that the six-pack you have been longing for makes an appearance, 2 things are essential:
- Your abs must be big
- Your level of fat must be low
The recipe for flawless abs:
- To increase the size of your abs, you must train regularly
- To reduce your levels of fat, you need to follow a cutting diet
Ideally, the combination of these two elements will give you perfectly visible abs. However, if you are not reached this level, all is not lost!
These factors offset each other: thus, even if your abs are not big but you are relatively lean, they will be visible. Similarly, your abs will be well-defined if they are big and you have a little bit of fat.
2. Sculpting The Abs
To mould your abs, time for a turbo boost! You can work on these little muscles without too much difficulty and make rapid progress. They won't drain your boundless energy.
There is no point in doing hundreds of repetitions of crunches to get your abs to bulge. What's more, you run the risk of stagnating.
Just one exercise is enough to build them up. Each set must be completed in an average time of 25 seconds to ensure a correct workout (about ten controlled repetitions with the use of additional weights to develop muscle volume).
Allow yourself 1 minute of recovery between each set and do not exceed 100 repetitions per session. Focus on the contraction of the muscles.
Train two or three times a week, at the end of a weight training session, for example.
Keep in mind that it is important to strengthen the entire abdominal area and not focus on one particular muscle, or you may stagnate.
Following this guideline, you will complete the following exercises:
- An exercise on the rectus abdominis
- An exercise for oblique muscles
- An exercise on the transverse abdominis
Without going to the extreme of a draconian diet, choose a healthier and more balanced diet with less fat and carbs and a moderate increase in protein.
You can also try a complementary physical activity like cardio training, which is perfect for burning fat.
Without going overboard with excessively intense weight training sessions which will lead to overtraining, your regular sessions will be sufficient to burn off large amounts of energy. The effects of the cutting diet will come sooner.
By reaching a cutting level of 10-12% of your fat, you should see results emerge sooner. Above this rate, the lower part of the abs will not be visible.
In order to get the much-coveted six-pack with perfectly ripped and toned abs, reduce this percentage to 10%: you will achieve perfection!
Important: the shape of your "six-pack" is defined by your genes (tendinous insertions) as well as by your physical activity.