THESE TWO PRACTICES DO HOWEVER HAVE ONE SHARED GOAL: TO HELP YOU KEEP IN SHAPE. HOWEVER, YOU ARE ABOUT TO DISCOVER THAT THERE ARE MANY DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THESE TWO WAYS OF DEVELOPING YOUR MUSCLES.
1. Weight Training: To Increase Your Strength
The purpose of this programme is to increase your muscle mass. The appropriate place for doing these exercises is a bodybuilding gym with a wide range of weight training machines, each one of which exercises a particular part of the body.
These exercises should be carried out with a heavy weight, to make sure the muscles are put under intense strain. Your progress will directly depend on the overload principle and the difficulty of the movement being performed.
The idea is to force your muscles to repeatedly exercise with loads that exceed the weight they are used to. You will also develop your muscle strength, improve the definition of your muscles and build volume.
2. Muscle Toning: To Firm Up Your Body
You will do exercises to tone your body with the aim of eliminating any difference in the levels of strength of the muscles in your body. Using either bodyweight exercises or light weights, you'll carry out targeted muscle training exercises on particular muscle groups. For muscle toning training, you can follow group courses such as Body Light, Body training, Abdos 30, Body Ball, CAF.
Toning is a very good exercise for preparing yourself physically to complement other sports activities. You will also improve your progress and boost your performance.
3. Muscle Building and Toning: Different Training Types
- Weight: heavy
- Number of repetitions: 10
- Intensity of the effort: high
- Recovery: 1 minute, to relax your muscles and take on fluids
- During a bodybuilding exercise you should aim to find it
- Weight: light or using your own bodyweight
- Number of repetitions: 20 to 30
- Intensity of the effort: low
- Recovery: little or no break between sets, 20 seconds maximum