My Outdoor Bodybuilding Program
Outside at last! What if spring is on the way and you want to make the most of the outdoors? Indulge yourself and check out our outdoor training programme to keep your muscles working
Julie, a sports coach at the Domyos Club, would like to suggest the following exercises to be carried out regularly for sculpting your body. This comprehensive training programme consists of 4 exercises.
First of all, warm up your body: 10 to 15 minutes of running will be enough to exercise your heart and prepare your physical condition.
Carry out a few shoulder rotations to warm up the upper body.
And most importantly, don't forget to drink regularly (in small sips) and stretch after each session to avoid cramps and aches.
Rediscover the pleasure of exercising outside in the fresh air! Without removing any clothing, get your training kit on and carefully perform the following series of exercises... it's up to you!
Exercise No. 1: Press-Ups WHile Resting On a Bench
- Muscles used: pectoralis major, anterior deltoid and triceps.
- Exercise: starting position resting on a bench (backrest of the bench) with the hands wider apart than the shoulders. Lower the chest without it coming in contact with the backrest and keep the abs contracted. Return to the starting position. The greater the angle between the backrest and the feet, the more difficult the exercise will be.
- Breathing: breathe in during the descent and breathe out when returning to the starting position.
- Safety instructions: keep the abs contracted (pull the stomach in) during the movement to avoid arching the lower back.
- Repetition: 4 x 10-15 repetitions with a short recovery time.
Exercise No. 3: Lunges
- Muscles used: gluteus maximus, quadriceps, hamstrings, calves.
- Exercise: while standing, bring one foot far enough forward so that you end up with the right knee at a 90° angle. The back knee should not touch the ground and must not go outside the axis of the heel. The bust remain upright at all times. Alternate between the legs. For added difficulty, you can carry water bottles in your hands as an extra load.
- Breathing: breathe in during the descent and breathe out when returning to the starting position, while keeping the abs contracted.
- Safety instructions: keep your feet aligned (no feet pointing in or out), stretch your back up to keep your back straight and look far ahead.
- Repetition: 4 x 15-20 repetitions with a short recovery time.