1. Beginners: For a Light Workout
The jump rope requires a significant dynamic effort.
If you are a beginner, we advise you to alternate your exercises with power walking, cross training, biking, or jogging. Activities which will quickly develop your physical ability.
Jump ropes should be used with care:
- No bare feet
- Stretch beforehand
- Dress appropriately (sports bra required for women!)
- To avoid stiffness, consider stretching after every workout session.
2. Experienced Athletes: To Complement your Workout
If you are an experienced athlete, use the jump rope as a complement to your workout.
It only makes you work on your calves, quadriceps, glutes.
For a complete workout programme, feel free to work on your upper body muscles with pull-ups, bench presses, and push-ups.
Don't forget a good warm-up before each workout.
3. Jump Rope, The Right Workout for Runners
The jump rope is proven to be a perfect workout accessory for runners. Not only for endurance, but also for concentration.
When you work out, you carry out hundreds of small jumps every minute. This requires extreme concentration and the need for constant adjustments to speed and height.
Long story short, you work on the reaction time of your feet, essential for racing.