Busy mornings and hazy schedules have left us with nothing, but grapy granola bars or sad cereal bowl as your fresh day’s start. Do you know your day depends wholly on a leisurely healthy breakfast!
So here’s a blend of traditional as well western choices of healthy breakfast recipe’s. Go on, it’s for all!
- Berry Yogurt Smoothie
When food comes with the perfect blend of health and tasty, why to wait, grab them, gulp them, store in your tummy. Start your day with a simple and sumptuous smoothie. The quick and easy recipe for this healthy breakfast is here.
- Blend frozen fruits, most likely berries or bananas
- Add some Greek yogurt to this mixture for the creaminess
- Add some liquid of your choice like milk or water, or it can be the fresh coconut water too
- Freeze it overnight, if you like it super cold.
There you go a healthy 5 minute healthy breakfast for your tummy and body.
- Herb Omelet With Fried Tomatoes
Omelet with its golden look and flawless taste is a food that is very close to our tummy. Here’s a quick and tasty recipe of a veggie omelet, looting just a 10 minute from your morning schedule.
- Cook a few tomatoes in a pan with oil, until it softens the texture and colour
- Beat the egg in a bowl, with a handful of herbs and ground black pepper (if you like it hot and spicy!)
- Pour the egg mixture and cook it accordingly. (half cooked always gifts you full nutrients)
- Scoop out the tomatoes and have it hot
- Sweet Potato And Black Bean Burrito
Burritos are always a saviour. Easy, handy, tasty and healthy. This healthy breakfast option is always a quick grab of healthy bite.
- Add sweet potatoes, either crushed or sliced.
- Add few black beans to it.
- If you are an egg lover, add egg scrambles
- Your favorite yummy sauce on top
- Make a bunch, wrap it and gulp it in.
- Oats Idly
A devouring start for all the lovers of this feathered South Indian dish, light up your mornings with this light but heavily healthy breakfast.
- Roast the dry oats in a tawa until it turns brown in color.
- Powder it in a mixer
- Now add mustard seeds, chana dal, chopped chills and coriander leaves to the oil accordingly
- Mix these ingredients to the oats powder
- Add a cup of curd to turn the powder to a batter, mix it accordingly to avoid lumps
- Now grease the steamer with a tinge of oil
- Pour the batter and like an idly and steam it for 15 minutes.
Serve it hot and healthy. You can prepare the batter overnight and store it in the fridge for saving time.
- Baked Banana Porridge
This healthy breakfast recipe contains walnuts, cinnamon, and banana. Sounds so simple but does magic by keeping you going till lunch.
- Mash up one half of banana.
- Mix it with oats, cinnamon, milk water and a pinch of salt.
- Pour it to a dish and do the toppings with the rest banana pieces and walnuts.
- Bake it in a heated oven of 190 degree Celsius, to 20-25 minutes.
- Serve the creamy, yummy, luscious breakfast.
- Cheesy Spinach Baked Eggs
Eggs are always a time saver, a quick scramble or a round omelet always serves your busy mornings. How about a healthy mixture of egg and spinach? Sounds interesting right, take a look.
- Crack and fry your egg adding some veggies like spinach or broccoli's to it
- Instead of using oil, use healthy butter instead
- Keep some red berries aside for a taste.
- If you want make the egg a muffin shape, to carry it with you. Your cheesy creamy yummy breakfast is on the plate.
- Vegetable Dalia With Fruit Juice
Dalia’s are broken cereals. Low in fat, high in iron. Low in cholesterol high in good carbs. That’s a good amount of sufficient nutrients.
- Heat the oil\ ghee in a pressure cooker
- Initially add some cumin seeds to the oil (for a healthy tummy).
- Now add onions, stir it for 1 minute
- Add tomato, your favourite veggies one by one accordingly
- Keep stirring it well
- Rinse the Dalia and add it to the veggies mix, stir for 3-4 minutes
- Add convenient cups of water and salt
- Pressure cook it for 10-12 whistles.
- Add few coriander leaves and serve it fresh.
- Bread Upma
This perfect blend of western and traditional serves as the best easy healthy breakfast for your busy mornings. Upma is a common lip smacking meal for most South Indians. They add varieties of masalas and mixtures, even veggies to this meal. In bread upma, as the name suggests, bread is the crust ingredient.
- Toast the bed by adding some smooth butter to make it soft
- Cut it into small slacks
- Crack mustards in a pan of oil, add to it few chilies and onions and stir well
- Next add tomatoes, curry leaves, turmeric powder and sambar powder for your convenience.
- Add enough salt and the slacked bread pieces to the stirred mixture.
- Stir it well so that the bread succumbs the spices all around
- Add some coriander leaves for the fresh flavour.
- Oats And Coconut Dosa
This Indian savory with its crispy, dainty flavor and texture is going to light up your mornings. It’s not like your normal dosa batter, because you have a whole nutrition diet in it.
- Add half a cup of wheat flour
- Half rice flour
- Half oats flour
- One fourth cup of freshly crated coconut
- If you are a sugar lover, you can add jaggery for the taste
- Add a bit of salt and mix it together by adding a cup of water to make it lump free
- Pour the batter in the pan and spread it like a dosa
- Cook till it is browny and crispy.
Poha is the common south Indian dish. It is a best serve for your kids as snacks rather than any junkies.
- First soak poha in water
- Roast peanuts in oil and keep it aside.
- Add mustard, curry leaves and green chilies to the oil
- Fry onions in a pan and once it is cooked, add peanut, oats (for the crispiness) salt, lemon water and turmeric powder and mix it
- Now add the soaked poha to this mix and serve hot and tasty.
- Avocado Toast
An easy, versatile and healthy way to bump up your mornings. This is rich in carbohydrates and protein to keep you up all day long. Its very simple.
- Mash avocados in a bowl with lime juice, salt and pepper
- If you want add some more pepper or sauce according to your preference.
- Spread this mixture in your wheat bread or bun, and you are done
- You can also have a fried egg omelet if you want as side dish. Go crab it wherever you want.
- Whole Wheat Pancake
A fluffy and delicious way to start your bust mornings. Pancakes are always delectable and time savers.
- Make a perfect batter using flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- Warm the milk in lukewarm
- Blend together milk, butter, egg and vanilla in a liquid creamy form
- Now mix the flour batter with this liquid devoid of any lumps. (add more milk if you find any lumps).
- Heat the pan over medium heat
- Lightly brush the pan with melted butter
- Pour ¼ cup of batter and spread them accordingly
- Cook till the edges look dry and poppy, turn it over, keep it for 2 minutes
- Serve warm with a syrup or banana toppings according to your preference
- Club Sandwich
Sandwiches are always the easy part, healthy, easy and yummy too.
- Toast the bread. (not a fan of toasted bread, then go for the plain one)
- Mince carrots, cabbages, and capsicum
- Take all the grated veggies and add half a teaspoon of mayo sauce or cheese as you prefer.
- Season it with few black pepper and add salt
- Mix it well and keep it aside.
Now to make the besan chilla, its quite simple
- Take ½ a cup of besan
- Add spices of your choice, chopped onions, tomatoes, green chilies and coriander leaves.
- Add half a cup of water if you find the mixture thick
- Mix the spices with the batter properly
- Now take some batter and spread it evenly in a heated tawa
- Cook the chilla in a medium flame till its golden in colour
- Now spread some chutney if you want on your toasted bread.
- Place a cucumber or tomatoes
- Spread some mixed veggies on top
- Cover it with another bread slice
- Now place your besan chilla, cover it with another slice
Grab it and eat it up. The steps might be long, but once you start on it, its easy as a prick, trust me!
- Tomato Upma
It’s time for some tangy and spicy South Indian breakfast. Quick, healthy and succulent too. Upma’s are usually an all time member of most South Indian families. Add it with a juicy tomatoes and spices to spice up your busy mornings.
- Heat a pan and add a cup of rava to it
- On a low flame, roast the rava, till its dry and crispy and keep it aside
- In a pan heat 2 teaspoon of ghee or oil
- Crack some mustard seeds and then add some cumin seeds to it.
- Stir it well till it become golden in color
- Add some red chilies, chopped onions, ginger, curry leaves and sauté them for a minute
- Add ¾ cup of chopped tomatoes, mix and sauté them well
- Add 2.5 cups of water, or according to your choice, add salt and mix them well
- Now add the rava batch by batch and quickly stir it with no lumps
- Cover it for 2-3 minutes in a low flame
- Add some coriander leaves and serve it hot.
- Baked Peach Almond Oatmeal
This peach almond meal is best to save your morning rush. Make it overnight and reheat it in the morning. Its super tasty and healthy.
- Mix oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and almonds in a bowl
- Whisk together almonds, milk, egg, coconut oil and vanilla
- Now place the chopped peach on the bottom of the baking dish
- Pour the oat mixture evenly over the peaches.
- Now top it with the milk mixture over the oats
- If you really are an ardent peach fan, go for a peach topping above.
- Bake the ingredients for 40 minutes, in a pre-heated oven, until the top is shiny golden in color
- Cool it for 5 minutes and gulp it up
Reheat it in the morning and add fresh almonds for the crispiness. It’s really a time saver and a treat for your tummy.
- Ven Pongal
A famous South Indian dish made with rice and moong lentils is going to light up your mornings now. Spice it with black pepper and cumin seeds for the healthy bit.
- Roast moong lentils in a tawa until it becomes aromatic.
- Add half a cup of rice in the bowl containing roasted moong lentils and rinse it properly
- Drain the water and add them to the pressure cooker
- Add cumin seeds ½ teaspoon, chopped ginger ½ cup and sufficient salt.
- Add 3 to 3.5 cups of water accordingly.
- Pressure cook on a medium flame about 11-12 minutes
- Let the pressure settle down and keep it aside
- To a pan with ghee or oil, add cumin seeds, till it splutters, add cashews, black pepper and curry leaves.
- Stir it well till its fried
- Pour the mixture to the prepared Pongal and mix well
- Cover it for few minutes and let the flavor infuse and the aroma fills your tummy.
Ven Pongal is easy to cook, though it has few steps. Because once you start cooking words disappears and hands work.
- Oats Porridge
Oats are always a super healthy breakfast. With the morning hours getting too busy at times, oats turn up to your rescue. It’s quite simple.
- Add ½ cup of milk and two cups of water to a bowl of oats. (manage the consistency according to your need. Milk gives you a thicker consistency)
- Add sugar as per your preference (if you prefer honey instead of sugar add it while the porridge is lukewarm)
- Heat in a warm flame and stir the mixture. Keep it low to medium
- Cook for 5-6 minutes
- Have it with few toppings of dry fruits, fresh fruits of your choice
See, you are done. Your tummy is happy, your body is happy, your boss is happy (as you are early to work) and so are you.
- Green Smoothie Bowl
Smoothies are on trend now. Easy, healthy and appetizing.
- Add banana, spinach, pine apple, mangoes and blend it together
- Blend it low, till its smooth and creamy
- Transfer it to bowl and freeze it
- Prepare the toppings with banana, kiwi, china seeds and a good sweet honey.
- Top it with the mixture, grab a spoon for a yummy-tummy smoothie, healthy breakfast
- Triple Berry Baked Oatmeal Cups
Store it, reheat it, have it. Yes this is an overnight prepared breakfast dish which you can store in fridge for a week or more! That’s sounds soothing right, here we go for the recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F
- Mash some ripened bananas in a medium bowl.
- Whisk in eggs, vanilla extracts, honey and almond with milk
- In a large bowl, mix together, rolled oats, oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt
- Combine the wet banana milk mixture with the dry powder mix
- Add some coconut oil and stir it well
- Now add berries to this mixture and stir it once again
- Transfer this smooth batter into muffin cups, which are sprayed with oil non greasy coconut oil.
- Bake the mixture for 15-20 minutes.
- Freeze it in an air tight box and have it to boost up your early mornings.
- Sweet Corn Salad
Start your day with a blend of sweetness and health. it is one of the best recipe for a healthy breakfast.
- Boil the corn kernels
- In a pan add olive oil and sauté some paneer cubes.
- In a bowl add the paneer, tomatoes, boiled corn and the boiled olive oil, paneer cubes
- Take another bowl add olive oil, vinegar, spinach, chili flakes and mix it together
- Top the corn mix with the above mixture and have it fresh for the start.
These yummy recipes itself might have been an appetizing treat for you right! It’s a treat for your health too as it comes with the blend of health and nutrients that our body need. It is true that your whole day solely depends on a leisurely breakfast. Now you don’t have to skip your food because of time, extract a 10 minute and grab it up all the way. Now shake off the thoughts of the scary sneaky peaky Monday mornings, love your body? Cook them a healthy breakfast, love your days. Stay alive, stay fresh and stay healthy all day long.