SOMETHING NEW : I'M MIXING KAYAKING AND FITNESS
Did you know? Kayaking is a sport that is much more complete than it looks, and a great activity to get back in shape without hurting yourself. All of this while enjoying nature and at your own pace thanks to Itiwit’s crafts designed for all levels... So, what do the people want? Paddles, of course!
Kayaking and getting back in shape: redrawing your physique
Each well-executed paddle stroke works the muscles of your arms and shoulders, which quickly gain strength and power.
But while doing so, other parts of your body are also being exercised:
- Your abs are particularly engaged whenever you heel over and turn.
- Your abs, back, legs and glutes are also working to maintain your posture while you paddle.
- Your cardio and aerobic capacities are enhanced: the continuous movement of the oar gets your heart working more and improves its health. You are already in shape but want to tap a little more into your reserves? Divide the workout! Paddle vigorously for 1 min and then switch to a more moderate pace for 2 or 3 min. Then do it over and over! Kayaking is also an effective way to raise your heart rate and burn more calories. It is definitely a great calorie-consuming workout, and it helps tone your muscles.
Kayaking: between the gentle alternative and the “all-out” of sports fiends!
Kayaking offers other advantages if you want to tap into your reserves without causing trauma to your body, as jogging might, for example. It makes for a more suitable activity if you have sensitive knees or hips.
Conversely, given its completeness, kayaking is an excellent complementary activity if you are an off-road athlete: especially if you already exercise your lower body a lot through running or cycling.
Kayaking gives you both the pleasure of being in great shape and of the outdoors!
With the return of sunny days or after a period of convalescence, returning to physical activity requires a good dose of motivation. Don't want to run amidst car exhaust or pedal in a gym?
The kayak can once again make the difference when it comes to getting back in shape.
Although this activity requires a bit of time and organization, it helps you to disconnect on many levels:
- You’re working on endurance without realizing it—on the water and with your senses reborn.
- You get to enjoy nature, take a breath of sea air and get plenty of vitamin D under the rays of the Sun in winter.
- You get a sense of relaxation through awe-inspiring landscapes and the sound of wildlife.
- You enjoy the feeling of your kayak gliding on the water thanks to the deep work of your arms... And in 2 paddle strokes, you have found your smile again and your shape!