Different outdoor games for kids are quite popular in India and have many positive health effects. Bringing back old outdoor games for kids will positively affect your health. To learn more about the name of outdoor games in India, continue reading the article. Here we have given the best outdoor games list in India.
Sports or athletic games typically performed in the open, including physical exertion, are referred to as outdoor games. All across the world, people enjoy playing outdoor games and sports since they are fun and beneficial for physical fitness. But these outdoor games for kids no longer hold as much significance in light of the rising popularity of video games, online games, and gaming devices. Find the best outdoor games list in India below.
List of Names of Top 10 Outdoor Games
In India's long history and diverse culture, games and sports have played a significant role. Outdoor games in India encourage physical activity in children and aid in improving their strength and endurance. However, kids now face a wide range of health problems as a result of the decline in physical exercise and outdoor games for kids. Thus, bringing back traditional games from the long list of outdoor games will have several positive effects on health. So, here is a list of 10 outdoor games name that is fun to indulge in.
Best outdoor games list in India:
10 Outdoor Games You can Enjoy with your kids
In India, there are a lot of outdoor games. Here are the best 10 outdoor games name list in India:
- About the game: One of the earliest outdoor games in India, kho-kho is a traditional Indian game that dates back to prehistoric India. A vertical wooden post is located at each end of the 29 by 16-meter rectangle that serves as the kho-kho playing area.
- How to play: Beginning at the pole, the chaser must attempt to tag a defender on their side of the field. When a defender crosses the line to the opposing side, the chaser taps a teammate who is seated facing the other way and shouts, "Kho!" The teammate will next attempt to tag the defender as the next move.
- Played by: It is played by 12 players in each team.
- About the game: Football is a game in which two teams of 11 players try to pass the ball into the goal of their rivals.
- How to play: In a 90-minute game, the purpose of football is to score more goals than your opponent. A ball is placed in the centre of the field and when the referee blows the whistle, a player from the team that lost the coin toss takes the kick-off, and the ball advances.
- Played by: It is played in two teams of 11 players each.
- About the game: In the game of volleyball, two teams compete against one another by batting a ball back and forth over a high net in an effort to get it to land inside their opponents' playing area.
- How to play: The volleyball game involves players hitting a ball back and forth over a high net with their hands. Before reaching the opponent's playing area, they attempt to make the ball touch the court.
- Played by: Volleyball is played by two teams of six players each.
- About the game: Kabaddi, a South Asian sport, is also referred to as hu-tu-tu in western India. It is a sport that is played between two teams on opposing halves of a field or court.
- How to play: While continually saying "kabaddi, kabaddi," players take turns to cross over to the opposing team's side. To earn points, a player must tag as many opponents as they can without being caught or pause to catch their breath before returning to their home zone.
- Played by: It is played by two teams of seven players each.
- About the game: Two teams of eleven players each compete in the bat-and-ball game of cricket. A 22-yard pitch has a wicket at each end made up of two bails perched above three stumps.
- How to play: To score as many runs against the opposition as you can is the primary goal in cricket. In order to prevent the opponent from scoring, one team will bowl and field the ball while the other will take turns batting and scoring runs.
- Played by: It is played between 11 players each in two teams.
- About the game: Baseball is a bat-and-ball sport in which players alternate between batting and fielding. It is played between two teams.
- How to play: Nine innings, each divided into two halves, make up the game. The members of one team alternately come to bat and try to score runs in the top half of the inning. The opposing team participates on the field and tries to prevent the offensive team from scoring. The teams are reversed in the next half.
- Played by: It is played between two teams of nine players each.
- About the game: Basketball can be played on courts that are both indoors and outside. It is a team sport in which two teams compete for points by attempting to pass the ball into a hoop.
- How to play: In order to score, two teams of five players each attempt to put the ball through a hoop that is 10 feet off the ground. The court, where the game is played, is a rectangular surface with hoops at each end. The mid-court line divides the court into two primary halves.
- Played by: It is played by two teams consisting of 5 players each.
- About the game: In the racket sport of badminton, quick wrist and arm motions are necessary. A feathered shuttlecock is used to play it.
- How to play: Two opposing players place themselves on the opposing sides of the net-separated rectangle that serves as their court. In order to get points, players must hit a shuttlecock with their racket so that it crosses the net and lands on the court's opposite half
- Played by: It can be played by two opposing players (singles) or two opposing pairs (doubles).
- About the game: Gymnastics is a methodical exercise performance that calls for athleticism, agility, and flexibility.
- How to play: The exercises used in gymnastics help to build the muscles in the arms, legs, shoulders, back, chest, and abdomen. It often includes the events floor, uneven bars, pommel horse, rings, parallel bars, and vault.
- Played by:
- About the game: Using a bow to shoot arrows is known as archery, one of the oldest sports still being played today.
- How to play: It entails firing arrows at a stationary target while using a bow. On the disc used as the target, there are ten concentric circles, each of which represents a separate tract. The region of the circle where the arrow lands determine the scores.
- Played by: It is played by a team of 4 players.
- About the game: Hockey is a ball and sticks outdoor game in which players use curved sticks to strike a small, hard ball into the goal of their opponent.
- How to play: The game is played by kicking a ball into a goal with a stick. A point is given to that team each time the ball enters the goal. After the match, the team with the most goals is declared the winner.
- Played by: It is played by two opposing teams of 11 players each.
In India's long history and diverse culture, games and sports have always played a significant role. These were the outdoor games on our list. To play the majority of these games, teamwork and coordination are necessary. As well as improving players' mental and physical health and preserving their energy, playing outdoor games help kids become better socializers. Take your kid outside and start playing a game of your choice to reap the many benefits that are waiting for them.
Which is the most famous outdoor game in India?
Cricket is said to be India's favourite outdoor game, but various studies show that other sports, such as football and tennis, are becoming more and more popular in India. The above article talks about the 10 outdoor games, extremely popular in India.
How many outdoor games are there in India?
There are a variety of outdoor games that are played in India like Kho-Kho, kabaddi, cricket, volleyball, basketball and football. Above is the list of 10 outdoor games played in India.
Is cricket an outdoor game?
Yes, cricket is an outdoor game played on a pitch of 22 yards with bat and ball between opposing teams of 11 players each.