- Make your own goals as you go along
They should be ambitious but achievable. For example: I'd like to go down a clothing size in 3 months.
- Plan 3 workouts per week and put them in your diary
with either a day between workouts, or else 30 minutes each day.
- Alternate cardio and weight training
but don’t forget to include workouts that are lighter on your body, such as Pilates.
- Have the right equipment.
Be especially careful when choosing shoes, and for women, be sure to get a good sports bra. If you choose skipping rope, for example? Choose trainers and a sports bra that will support you through high-impacts so that you don't end up sore, or worse, injured.
- Remember to keep hydrated throughout your workout and to eat a a little something or a snack
about an hour and a half before your workout (if you’ll be exercising long after your last meal) For example a piece of fruit, or a handful of nuts and dried fruit.