With the help of the ustrasana information that you get through this article, you can try and understand how the camel pose has helped gain a lot of benefits while also helping maintain a good and healthy lifestyle.
Ustrasana is commonly called the camel pose which is a yoga pose that benefits several parts of the body. This pose consists of a back-bending kneel pose which works on various parts of the body and allows for providing a number of benefits. Knowing all about Ustrasana and making sure that it is performed in the best way possible must be considered to get full benefits related to the pose.
What is Ustrasana (Camel Pose)?
Before diving into more about Ustrasana it is important to understand ustrasana meaning and what makes the word the way it is said. Ustrasana meaning has two words embedded in it and can be provided as follows:
Ustra which indicates ‘camel’ and asana which indicates ‘posture’
This pose finds its mention in the Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga and Iyengar yoga. It is also said to be one of the 26 asanas within the sequence of Bikram Yoga.
Basic Ustrasana Information
Find out some basic ustrasana information before you get to know how to perform ustrasana in a step-wise format.
- Sanskrit: Ustrasana
- Pose Type: Backbend
- Target Area: Core
- Meaning: Ustra means camel asana means pose
- Pronunciation: Oohs-tra-aa-sun-aa
- Level: Intermediate
15 Camel Pose/ Ustrasana Benefits You Cannot Miss Out On
While performing the ustrasana pose is definitely hard but then you can definitely get to know all about the benefits of ustrasana which will help you to become more inclined towards trying this camel pose out. With the help of these 15 camel pose benefits, you can also get a lot of problems solved without having to go to a doctor.
The 7 Ustrasana Steps: How to do Ustrasana / Camel Pose
You need to get to know about the 7 ustrasana steps In order to be able to perform them properly. The following ustrasana procedure will inform you about all the ustrasana steps that need to be known to perform it. By following this simple ustrasana procedure it is possible to perform the camel pose easily.
Yoga Asanas Related to Ustrasana (Camel Pose)
When you are performing ustrasana you will need some preparatory camel pose along with some other follow-up ustrasana yoga poses that will allow for a better stretch before and after the yoga has been performed.
Ustrasana Preparatory poses
Some of the ustrasana preparatory poses that can be performed before camel pose yoga can be provided as follows:
- Bridge pose
- Urdhva Mukha Shvanasana
Ustrasana Follow-up poses
Some of the ustrasana follow-ups poses that can be performed once the yoga is done can be provided as follows:
Ustrasana Variations & Modifications To Try
You can also try to follow some good ustrasana variations which will be quite helpful if you cannot perform the original ustrasana pose due to some bodily issues. You can follow the steps provided below to try out an ustrasana variation that will act as an ustrasana pose alternative:
- Keep your hands on your lower back with your fingers facing downward and your elbows pointing out.
- Now gently arch your back towards the backside
- Now lift up your chin and slightly press your chest forward and up.
- Step in this pose for a few moments
Ustrasana Contraindications & Precautions
While performing the camel pose there are certain ustrasana contraindications and precautions that you need to take care of. Some of the ustrasana precautions can be provided as follows:
- People with migraine and headaches should try and consult a doctor first.
- Similarly, people with hypertension constipation, or diarrhea should also have an instructor helping them all the time
- Make sure you do not force your body to bend a lot causing an injury to your back
5 Common Mistakes to avoid while performing Ustrasana (Camel Pose)
Some of the 5 common mistakes that most people make while performing the camel pose yoga can be provided as follows:
- Not keeping the right thigh position or keeping your thighs bent while doing this camel pose
- Not being able to reach the heels. You can also place your hand on your lower back and not strain your back.
- Forcing to bend your back especially if there was any injury related to knees, shoulder, neck, or back
- Not following up with follow-up camel pose yoga steps
- Do not crunch your lower back while doing the ustrasana yoga pose.
Buy the equipment needed to practice Ustrasana from Decathlon
When you practice ustrasana you need to make sure that you get some basic equipment that helps perform the camel pose. Especially if this is your first time trying out the camel pose yoga.
All in all, ustrasana is a pose that not only just stretches the entire body but will also provide you with a great start to the day. While it is not possible to master the camel pose within a day or two you will eventually learn how to get this pose naturally. Always remember that you need not push your body especially when it isn’t ready rather than bending as per how the professionals are showing you, you can also go at your own simple pace.
While the camel pose is definitely said to be safe for people on a lot of levels, it is observed that people with low or high blood pressure and flexibility issues should perform this camel pose only when there is an instructor present.
Frequently Asked Questions about Ustrasana (Camel Pose)
Ustrasana is like which pose?
Ustrasana is like another yoga pose named Matsyasana which is a reclining back bending asana. It can also mean fish pose. Just like how ustrasana tend to stretch your chest neck and hip flexors, Matsyasana also helps achieve the same.
What is the counter pose of ustrasana?
The counter pose of ustrasana can be provided as follows:
- Paschimottanasana also called the seated forward bend helps stretch out your back muscle when you lean ahead
- Ananda Balasana also commonly called the happy baby pose helps stretch out your thighs, and groin and release any tension in your back and hips
- Balasana more commonly known as a child’s pose helps release any tension that has been pent up in the chest.
Ustrasana gives more stretch on which part of the body?
Ustrasana gives a great stretch to the front part of your body which includes the abdomen, chest, and quadriceps. It also improves the spinal mobility and flexibility of your back. As the back stretches out, there is a high possibility of correcting a slouching pose.
What is the meaning of ustrasana?
Ustrasana is a word combined with two different words and can be provided as Ustra which indicates camel whereas asana which indicates pose. Hence it is also commonly called the camel pose due to how it looks when it is being performed.