The article indicates how you can reduce the inner thigh fat with the help of some inner thighs workout and how these eventually help improve balance especially when the overall body is considered.
One of the main parts which tend to collect fat as soon as you eat oily food would definitely be the inner thighs. It can also be very hard to get rid of this fat unless you get some inner thighs workout involved in your workout routine. Right from playing tennis to even bending down to pick up a toy from the ground, the inner thigh muscles play quite an important role. The inner thigh is also commonly known as the hip adductors and is made up of mainly five muscles adductor longus, gracilis, adductor brevis, adductor magnus, and obturator externus. All of these muscles when they work together you get to move your legs towards the midline of your body.
Benefits of inner thighs workout
While the basic benefit of fat loss does play an important role here, there are also many other benefits of inner thighs workout and can be provided as follows:
The legs and hips are responsible for your main lower body movement. Especially when you walk or run it is with the help of your inner thighs that you tend to get good sturdy support. They are also essential for lateral movement especially when sports such as badminton, and tennis is considered.
Helps improve overall balance
Your whole body balance is based on your lower body and your lower body balance is responsible due to the presence of healthy inner thighs. As you age there is a tendency of taking wider strides. However, with the help of strong inner thighs, it is possible to stand and walk with your legs closer and hence get a better balance overall.
Improved Ankle Mobility
As you age there tends to be increased stiffness in both knees and ankles however with the help of inner thighs workout you can maintain the muscles of the inner thighs which contribute to how you stand or work your ankle. It is hence seen that there is an indirect benefit to your ankle mobility. This in turn will also improve posture, reduce foot pain and keep your ankles healthy.
9 Killer Inner Thighs Workout
To actually be able to get all of the benefits from working out your inner thighs here are a few simple inner thighs exercises that you can practice at home or even in your gym.
Lateral lunge tends to train the lateral stabilizers. Apart from the strengthening of inner thighs, it is also possible to strengthen your glutes and hence stabilize your knees.
- Stand with your legs parallel to your hips and your arms by the sides.
- Now take a large step out with the help of your right leg and sit your hips back and bend your right knee such that the right thigh will be parallel to the floor while your left leg will remain straight. The toes of both feet will be facing forward.
- Now push through your right heel to get back to the initial position. This will be considered one rep.
- Complete all reps and then switch your sides to focus on your left leg.
Supported Single Leg Deadlift
This supported single-leg deadlift tends to be a great start for those who want to perform a challenging standing inner thigh exercise. This exercise helps you perform a hip hinge before you enter into a full single-leg deadlift.
- Start out by standing on your left leg and with the weight being held in your right hand where the palm faces forward thigh and your left arm will be by your side.
- Place your right left a few feet behind your body lift your heel and then press your right toes for better balance. Keep the left leg a bit bent.
- Now lean forward and hinging at your hip with a flat back lower the weight towards the floor.
- Drive into the left heel to get back to your initial standing position. This will be one rep.
Resistance Band Lateral Step-Out-Squat
This inner thigh squat workout at home is a great way to activate your glutes. You could also add this exercise into your warmup routines to get your glutes activated and work through that quat range of motion.
- Stand up straight with the resistance band wrapped around your knees. Hold your hands together in front of your chest.
- Now take a big step to the right and then bend your knees sit back and then lower your thighs parallel to the floor.
- Engage your glutes and press back up through your heels to the initial position. Now follow the same steps while changing sides. This will be one rep.
Jumping jacks are an all-time favorite cardio that most people believe in. This exercise does not require any sort of equipment and can still take your heart beat higher.
- Start with your hand resting by your sides.
- Now jump and open your legs a bit wider than your hips while bringing your hands above your head.
- Now jump and bring back your legs together while lowering your arms. That will be considered one rep.
Lateral Lunge with Glute Pull
This standing inner thighs workout consists of super complex movements that challenge not just your lower body but your entire body with increased coordination and strength.
- Stand wide with your feet at hip width and hands at the sides
- Now take a large step to the right and then push your hips back while bending your right knee and lowering your body until your right knee has been bent to 90 degrees.
- Now push back to an upright position while you lift your right knee and pull it into the check with your arms. Return to the initial position and now repeat on the other side.
When you spend a lot of time under tension while performing the squats you tend to flex your inner thighs and hence you need to perform this exercise at a slow pace.
- Start by standing by placing your feet at hip width and hands joined together in front of your chest.
- Now push your hips back and bend your knees until your thighs are almost parallel to the floor.
- Hold this for up to 30 seconds. This will be one rep.
Lateral Lunge With Reach
This exercise mainly focuses on core stability while also activating your glutes.
- Stand with your feet at a width wider than your shoulder and hands by your side.
- With the right hand, bend down and reach the foot while lowering the body until your left knee is bent to over 90 degrees.
- Immediately repeat this on your other side and continue for about 30 seconds. This will be one rep.
Inner Thighs Circles
This exercise tends to strengthen the adductors of the hip. It also engages your inner thigh which provides a better and toned look to your inner thighs while also helping lose fat.
- Lie on your right side with the right left extended out and your left knee bent
- Now lift your leg up at least 5 inches and then engages your inner thigh to draw a small circle.
- Complete about 10 circles and then repeat on the other side.
Criss Cross Flutter Kicks
Criss-Cross Flutter Kicks is a great inner thigh exercise at home that anyone can do. Apart from strengthening your hip flexors, it also focuses on the muscles of your stomach.
- Lie down on your back while facing up
- Place both hands under your hips
- Keep your lower back fixed on the ground as you lift both your legs up in the air slightly past hip height and keep your core engaged all the time
- Crisscross your legs one over one another and then switch your legs. Ensure your legs do not touch the ground.
- Repeat this for 30 seconds.
HIIT or Strength for inner thighs?
HIIT stands for high-intensity interval training and is one of the most effective tools when it comes to building strength, removing fat, or even revving up your metabolism rates. It only focuses on burning calories but will also increase your metabolism in a positive direction which alters your insulin response. Whereas in strength training the number of calories burnt will be lower than that seen in HIIT. However when the muscles tend to increase so does the rate of burning of calories increase. So it depends on you how many calories you want to build and the end result associated with it.
Diet To Be Followed
While weight loss is not that simple and it is not that easy to get rid of calories, it sure takes a lot more, Burning more calories than the ones your take in will also create energy imbalance it is hence important to tap into your energy stores to meet the calorie demands that your body requires. You should also watch out for calories because if you burn too much of calories then there are higher chances that your metabolism might get affected.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does diet help reduce thigh fat?
Usually, a person tends to lose fat when they take in lower calories than the calories they burn. This in turn indicates that healthy foods with lower calories do assist in fat loss.
- Is running beneficial for the inner thighs?
Running in general can be categorized as a great exercise to tone your inner thighs. But to feel the actual burn you might want to consider running uphill which will provide better force and will work against the downward push of gravity.