Whether at home or on holiday, take advantage of every moment to muscle up!
Simple, effective and quick, these 5 equipment-free body-building exercises, inspired by the Lafay method, will become your best allies to build muscle.
Romain, our body-building expert, recommends that you do these equipment-free exercises 3 times a week, with a day of rest between each session. Do each exercise for 30 seconds. Rest for 30 seconds between exercises. Repeat the full set 5 times.
Put maximum effort into each 30 second exercise segment, and do as many repetitions as possible during that time.
-1 minute of light jump rope
-30 seconds of knee lifts
-Core muscles: 30 seconds of front and lateral core exercises
EXERCISE 1: CHAIR SITS
: build thigh muscles.
: back against the wall, hands alongside the body, thighs parallel to the floor. Fold your legs and try to hold that "chair" position for 1 minute.
- : breathe slowly and deeply.
- : contract your abs to protect your back, which must remain flat against the wall throughout the entire exercise.
EXERCISE 2: TRICEPS
-Objective: build your triceps.
-Performing the exercise: stand facing the wall, legs apart at hip width, place hands at shoulder height (lower them a bit if you want to increase the level of difficulty). Bend your arms until your forearms touch the wall. Then return to the starting position. Repeat for the duration of the exercise.
-Breathing: breathe in on the way down, breathe out as you return to your starting position.
-Safety tips: contract your abs and pull in your tummy during the movement. Take care to keep your back straight.
EXERCISE 3: CRUNCH TWIST
: build your obliques (abs).
- : lay down on your back, fold your legs and swing them over to the left side. Place your hands at ear level, then slowly, without jerking or rocking, lift your chest off the floor as high as you can go. Return to your starting position. Repeat the sequence.
EXERCISE 4: UNILATERAL SUMO SQUATS
: build your thighs and glutes.
- : stand up, spread legs apart a bit past the shoulders, and place hands on your hips. Feet should be slightly turned outward. Look straight ahead and fold your right leg (keep left leg extended), keeping your bust straight. Return to your starting position, then repeat on the other side (left leg folded, right leg extended).
- : breathe in on the way down, breathe out as you return to your starting position.
EXERCISE 5: WIDE PRESS-UPS
: build your chest muscles.
- : Place your hands flat on the ground, wider than your shoulders with your fingers spread out and facing forward. Spread your feet to hip width. Push yourself up with your arms, keeping your body straight. Your head should stay aligned with the rest of your body. Lower your body down to the floor by bending your elbows, then return to your starting position by extending your arms. Repeat the movement.
- : breathe in as you lower your body. Breathe out once you finish pushing yourself up.