You can choose a buoyancy vest based on various criteria for kayaking, stand up paddling or dinghy sailing.
DEPENDING ON YOUR KAYAKING, STAND UP PADDLING OR DINGHY SAILING ACTIVITY
– Choose a buoyancy vest for kayaking, stand up paddling or dinghy sailing up to 2 nautical miles (3.22 km) from the land.
– For unsupervised activities, choose a 50 Newton vest. (BA 50 N or Wairgo vest).
– For supervised activities (in clubs), choose a 70 Newton vest. (BA 100 70N or BA 500 70N).
– If you’re going yacht sailing beyond 2 nautical miles (3.22 km) from land, choose a life jacket.
– For inshore sailing, choose a 100 Newton life jacket.
– For offshore sailing, choose a 150 Newton life jacket.
DEPENDING ON YOUR WEIGHT
Your weight will determine the choice of your vest. Refer directly to the instructions on the vest. This does not apply to the WAIRGO vest, which is chosen according to your size: S, M, L, XL.
DEPENDING ON YOUR ACTIVITY AND ITS INTENSITY
Depending on your activity and its intensity, you may need more freedom of movement.
A foam vest will be more restrictive for example over long distances than the WAIRGO vest, which is very close to the body and which moves with your body.
DEPENDING ON THE NUMBER OF POCKETS
Depending on your activity, you may need pockets, for example, to keep your phone in its watertight pouch, your cereal bars or a water bladder.
Each vest has different options.