Within this guide, Decathlon provides you with a list of essential items for your hiking trip. In order to enjoy your hike, you have to bring essentials to ensure you enjoy your day to the fullest and stay safe while hiking. There are top 10 Hiking essentials we recommend you to bring with you. This guide is applicable for a daytime hike with your friends and family.
Food and Water
1. Water (1 to 2 L per person depending on the season). Our water bottles are specially designed for this purpose.
2. You should bring food like dried fruit bars, picnic snacks and other food that can keep your energy levels up. You can also carry a few hiking utensils for convenience.
Suitable Hiking Clothes
3. The second group of things you have to consider is suitable hiking clothes, they will allow you to feel comfortable and stay dry during your hike:
4. A cap or hat to protect you from the sun.
6. Backpacks are also a very important essential you need to have in order to secure your belongings and keep your food and water dry.
The hiking backpack is a must for an enjoyable hike. If you are hiking with kids, you can find kids backpacks that will help your kids experience a complete hiking experience.
The last set of things are hiking accessories which every hiker needs to have in hand:
8. Charged mobile telephone or additional battery and useful emergency numbers
9. A compass and altimeter, in case you get off track. Having a map is a good idea as well, especially if you are not familiar with the hiking route
10. First aid kit (plasters, disinfectant spray, compress, aspirin…)
After carefully going through the list and ensuring you have all the hiking essential, you are ready to hike and enjoy a day out in nature!